Obtaining an MBA could be a benefit for every professional career. And pursuing an MBA program in Australia can give that advantage for any job market. The Australian MBA is highly recognised internationally and is characterised by having a practical-theoretical approach, where students can learn in real and simulated corporate environments.
According to Payscale’s research, MBA graduates are making on average $102,000 AUD per year. Additionally, this career can open doors for every graduate around the world, not just in Australia. And the student can specialise in different areas that will boost the new trends of each country and region.
Why study an MBA in Australia?
The first thing the future student should know is what an MBA is. It is a postgraduate course that will give the student technical, business, managerial, and leadership skills. But it can also have specific approaches such as health, finance, business analytics, tourism & hospitality, digital management, and more.
But why should you study an MBA in Australia? Well, there are many reasons, but here are some of the most important:
- Australian programs are recognised worldwide. Australian universities have a strong reputation for teaching quality and career outcomes.
- Australian universities will typically have 2-3 academic terms each year, making it more flexible for international students to start their program.
- Australian universities do not require the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) to apply to MBA programs.
- Australia’s multiculturalism means that you will have the opportunity to study alongside students of diverse cultures, offering a broad global cultural and economic perspective.
- By studying an MBA for 2 years at an Australian university, students will be eligible for a 2- to 4-year post-study working visa. Graduates can use these visa opportunities to gain more work experience.
- Overall, studying an Australian MBA degree is the best part because Australian MBA programs are significantly cheaper than looking in the United States or the UK.
Is an affordable MBA possible in Australia?
It is possible! Australia has a high level of learning compared to other countries, and the Australian government ensures that this quality is obtained in all institutions. In Australia, the Management sector is in the Top Five Postgraduate Courses preferred by international students.
But as students, we always have a common problem, “The budget.” This budget includes everything, the cost of living and the tuition fees. The cost of living is much lower in Australia compared to other English-speaking countries. The tuition fee, at some Australian universities is undoubtedly lower, and some universities also offer scholarships. (For more information about scholarships, contact us).
Universities like Torrens University and business schools like Kaplan Business School are excellent options for those who want to obtain an MBA and increase career opportunities on a limited budget.
Universities, Structure & Requirements
Below you can find two affordable MBA options with scholarship options and different specializations:
|Duration||2 years full-time||1.5 years full-time|
|Subjects||16 (10 core + 6 electives)||12 (8 core + 4 elective)|
|Academic Requirements||Australian cognate bachelor’s degree or equivalent||Australian cognate bachelor’s degree or equivalent||Australian unrelated bachelor’s degree or equivalent|
|Professional experience||Not necessary||1 Year||3 Years|
|English Requirements||IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)||IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)||IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)|
Kaplan Business School
|MBA (General)||MBA (One Specialisation)||MBA (Two Specialisations)|
|Duration||2 years full-time||1.5 years full-time||2 years full-time|
|Subjects||12 (6 core + 6 elective)||12 (8 core + 4 elective)||12 (6 core + 6 core specialisation)|
Health Services Management
Tourism & Hospitality Leadership
Women in leadership
|Academic Requirements & Professional experience||
OPTION 1: Bachelor’s degree (or AQF Level 7 equivalent course) + no experience
OPTION 2: Advanced Diploma/Associate Degree (or AQF Level 6 equivalent course) + 2 Year of relevant industry experience
|English Requirements||IELTS 6.5 (not less than 6.0 for Speaking and Writing and 5.5 for Listening and Reading)|
After completing the two-year MBA program and successfully graduating, you can obtain a graduate visa (Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485).
To apply for a graduation visa, you must submit your official result in English.
– IELTS requires an overall score of 6.0 (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent
(Note: English equivalent exams include: TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, OET, and Cambridge)
Once you get the visa, you will be able to stay in Australia for 2 more years (this time can be extended if you study in a regional area).