- Why study Economics in Australia?
- What international business courses might you study in Australia?
- What are entry requirements for international students?
- Where can international students study international business?
- What are career outcomes after graduation?
- How to pass skills assessments for business management degree holders in Australia?
- What is the PR pathway for a business/management degree holders?
International Business is the exchange of goods and services between two or more parties from different countries. However, it is not just limited to trading. It involves project planning, decision making, market diversity, negotiations, importing and exporting, finance, and logistics. With so much involved, there are many positions available in the job market in many industries, as employers will need experts like you to boost sales and make organisations more competitive in our globalised world.
Based on PayScale‘s research, an international business manager can make AU$80,000 on average. Moreover, according to the website, Seek.com, there are more than 9,625 jobs available related to International Business in Australia alone. This figure does not include the other fields that International Business graduates can also work in.
Why study International Business in Australia?
- No specific background needed
If you are a high school graduate, you can either start with a Diploma and study your way into a Bachelor’s degree, or you can use your final high school examination results to apply for a Bachelor’s course.
If you have completed any Bachelor’s degree, International Business Master’s degrees often require no related background in the field. Please ask us for more details.
- Variety of subjects and real-world experiences
There is a variety of subjects to choose from. You can study every aspect of business from international business finance, tax strategy, marketing strategy, business alliances, risk management to managing global operations. Real-world projects provided by universities will also prepare graduates with required professional skills and experience, which will increase your employment capabilities in the future.
- Multiple Start Dates
Australian universities will normally have 2 or 3 intakes each year which makes it more flexible for international students to commence their program based on their individual situation.
- Post-Study Work Visa
By studying 2 years or more in a higher education International Business degree, students will be eligible for a minimum 2-year Post-study Work Visa. Graduates can use these visa opportunities to get more work experience in Australia.
What international business courses might you study in Australia?
- Diploma in Business/International Business
A Diploma in Business or International Business is a shorter, focused educational program that provides foundational knowledge and practical skills in the field of business with a global perspective. This diploma option is suitable for individuals seeking a more streamlined and efficient path to gaining essential business skills compared to a full Bachelor’s degree program.
- Bachelor of Business/International Business
A Bachelor of Business (B.BUS) degree, with a specialization in International Business, is an undergraduate academic program designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of various aspects of business management in a global context. This program equips students with the knowledge and skills needed to navigate the complexities of international trade, cross-cultural communication, and global market dynamics. It offers a solid foundation in business principles while focusing on the unique challenges and opportunities presented by the global marketplace.
- Graduate Certificate in Business/International Business
A Graduate Certificate in Business or International Business is a postgraduate-level program that offers a focused and specialized education in business principles with a global perspective. This certificate is designed for individuals who already possess a bachelor’s degree and are looking to enhance their skills, transition to a new field, or gain expertise in a specific business area.
- Graduate Diploma in Business/International Business
A Graduate Diploma in Business or International Business is a postgraduate-level program that provides a comprehensive and advanced education in business management, often with a global focus. This diploma is designed for individuals who already hold a bachelor’s degree and are seeking to further enhance their business knowledge and skills, particularly in the context of international markets and cross-border operations.
- Master of Business/International Business
A Master of Business (M.BUS) or Master of International Business (MIB) is a prestigious and advanced graduate-level program that offers a comprehensive education in business management with a focus on international operations and global business strategies. This degree is designed for individuals who have completed their undergraduate studies and are looking to deepen their understanding of business concepts, enhance their leadership skills, and gain expertise in navigating the complexities of the global marketplace.
Want to know which course/s best suit your expectation and situation? Contact SOL Edu at [email protected] or fill out the enquiry form! Our team will offer you free consultation and free application process.
What are entry requirements for international students to study international business courses in Australia?
- For the Diploma course, normally applicants are required to have completed Year 12 or equivalent and attained IELTS 5.5**.
- For the Bachelor’s course, normally applicants are required to have completed Year 12 or a Diploma course and attained IELTS 6.5.
- For the Master’s course, normally applicants are required to have completed a Bachelor’s degree and attained IELTS 6.5.
**An English Entry Test might be available – ask us for more information!
If you don’t meet English requirement for your preferred course? Contact SOL Edu, one of the best education agencies in Brisbane, today! Our team will offer you free consultation and free application process.
Where can international students study international business?
- TAFE QLD – Diploma of Business
- QUT College – Diploma of Business
- Griffith College – Diploma of Commerce
- NIET – Diploma of International Business
- University of Queensland – Bachelor of Business Management (International Business)
- Queensland University of Technology – Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- Griffith University – Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- UNSW – Bachelor of Commerce (International Business)
- Torrens University – Bachelor of Business
- Kaplan Business School – Bachelor of Business
- Queensland University of Technology – Master of Business (International Business)
- University of Queensland – Master of Business (International Business)
- UNSW – Master of International Business
- Griffith University – Master of International Business
If you want to know which university or college is best suit you, contact SOL Edu today! We will offer you free counselling and free application process!
What are career outcomes after graduation from international business courses?
Graduating with a degree or qualification in International Business can open up a wide range of exciting career opportunities across various industries and sectors.
- Business Analyst
- International Business Specialist
- Business Development Specialist
- International Trade and Customs Specialist
- International Supply Chain Manager
- Logistics Manager
- International Brand Manager
How to pass skills assessments for business management degree holders in Australia?
For immigration purposes, business management degree holders need to pass a skill assessment assessed by one of approved authorities in Australia. To know which organisation/authority that you should submit your skills assessment for, you need to clarify what is your occupation. However, bear in mind that to migrate to Australia under the international business field, you need to obtain a high position in your organisation (such as Manager or Chief Executive) to be eligible for a PR in Australia.
If your occupation is Supply and Distribution Manager (ANZSCO Code 133611) or Chief Executive/Managing Director (ANZSCO Code 111111), the authority to assess your skills assessment is IML. To have a positive skills assessment outcome, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Qualification: Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree comparable to an equivalent AQF qualification.
- Experience: you must be in an occupation related role (e.g., Sales/Marketing Managers, Human Resource Manager) for at least three years; and in the role as Sales & Marketing Manager or Human Resource Manager for at least two out of these three years.
- Other: The applicants also need to demonstrate their currency of industry, management and leadership skills as well as provide detailed information on their tasks, responsibilities, position and the size of their company.
Want to know if your occupation, qualification and work experience are eligible for a migration skill assessment? Contact SOL Edu today at [email protected] or fill out the inquiry form. Our team will reach out to you within 24 hours at the latest!
What is the PR pathway for a business/management degree holders?
Step 1: Apply for a 485 visa
After completing at least 2 years Computer Science Course, you are eligible to apply for visa 485 (Post Graduate Work Stream). You are required to have at least IELTS 6.0 (no band less than 5) to apply for this visa.
Under visa 485, you can stay in Australia for 2-8 years depending on your degree. Thus, you will have more time to prepare yourself for permanent residence (PR) or a temporary visa that can lead to a PR.
Step 2: Apply for a PR or a visa that can lead to a PR
Depending on your occupation, you might be eligible for one or more of the following visa options:
- 190 – Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) – is a permanent residence visa but you need a nomination from one of Australian states or territories to apply for this visa. Each state may have its own occupation list and additional requirements, so you must investigate if you meet all the state’s eligibility criteria before asking for a nomination.
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) is not permanent, but it can lead to a PR (visa 191). You must commit to stay and work in your nominating regional Australia for a minimal period of time and achieve at least 65 points to be apply for this visa.
Employer Sponsored visas
- 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) – allows you to work and stay indefinitely in Australia. To be eligible for this visa, you must be nominated by an approved employer and have at least 3 years of work experience and pass the skill assessment.
- 482 – Temporary Skilled Shortage (subclass 482) Medium Term Stream – allows you to stay and work in Australia for up to 4 years. To apply for this visa, you must have an employer who is willing to sponsor you. You will have a high chance of getting a PR after a 482 visa.
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) is applicable for you if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. You must accumulate at least 3 years working as a civil engineer and obtain a relevant skills assessment.
What is International Business?
International Business involves the study of how companies operate in a global context, including international trade, cross-cultural communication, global marketing, foreign investment, and more.
What should I do if I don’t meet the entry requirement for a Bachelor of International Business?
If you do not meet the entry requirement to directly enroll in a bachelor’s degree of business, you can choose the Diploma pathway option. It means that you can study the Diploma of Business for one year (the entry requirement for this course is only 5.5 IELTS) and then transition to 2 years Bachelor of Business/International Business. The total study duration is still 3 years which is the same as the Bachelor of Business/International Business – direct entry program.
How long does it take to complete a Master's in International Business in Australia?
Master’s in International Business typically takes 1.5 to 2 years of full-time study. However, it is highly recommended that you may take a 2-year full-time study as you may be eligible for visa 485 after graduation. This visa will allow you to stay in Australia for 3 years.
What is the cost of studying business management in Australia?
The cost of studying international business in Australia can vary depending on the level of education and the specific university or institution. If you apply for a G8 Australian university, the tuition fee may be around 45,000 – 50,000 per year. However, the tuition fees of lower ranking universities should be more affordable, around 20,000 – 40,000 per year.
Are there study abroad or exchange programs for International Business students?
Many Australian universities have partnerships with institutions around the world, offering study abroad and exchange opportunities for students to gain a global perspective, for example, QUT (Queensland University of Technology), UTS (University of Technology Sydney), UNSW (University of New South Wales), James Cook University, Monash University, etc. Contact us to learn more about this program!
Can I specialise in a specific area of International Business?
Yes, you can often specialise in a specific area within the field of International Business. Many universities and educational institutions offer various specialisation options as part of their International Business programs. Here are some common specialisation areas within International Business: Global Marketing, International Trade and Logistics, Cross-Cultural Management, global Strategy and Expansion, International Finance and International Human Resources.
Interested in studying International Business in Australia?
Contact SOL Edu, one of the best education agencies in Australia, today for free counselling, and a free application process!