The realm of Computer science is always evolving and growing. It requires individuals who are eager to be at the forefront of innovation as it evolves. You would probably be a good fit for a computer science job if you are easily bored with the status quo and are constantly contemplating ways to make things better or more efficient.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, median annual incomes for Computer sciences professionals in 2020 ranged from $55,510 to $126,830, with a significant fraction of high earners earning considerably more. Your individual earning potential in computer science job will almost probably differ due to a variety of reasons, but research shows that even the lowest-paid computer science employees are still earning well.
Most students are concerned about obtaining work after graduation. While nothing is guaranteed in the job market, employment in the information technology area appears to be on the rise. Computer science and information technology employment are expected to rise by 11% from 2019 to 2029.
Why study Computer Science in Australia?
1. No specific background needed.
If you are high schooler, you can start with a Diploma or Associate degree in related studies and continue your way into Bachelor, or you can use high school examination results to apply for the bachelor.
If you have already completed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline, you might still be eligible to apply for a Master of Computer Science. Contact us to receive more information about this option.
2. Australian universities will normally have 2 or 3 intakes each year
More than one intake in the year makes it more flexible for international students to commence their program based on their individual situation. It is also an excellent option to organise and be flexible with the different units and payments.
3. By studying 2 years or more in a higher education Computer Science (Bachelor, Master, PhD)
Students will be eligible for a 2-4-year Postgraduate Visa (485). Graduates can utilise these visa opportunities to get more work experience. For Computer Science students, they can also use this working visa to prepare for their future migration options.
Career outcomes after graduation
- Associate degree of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Science
- Graduate Diploma in Computer Science
- Master of Computer Science
- For Diploma course, normally it requires applicants have completed a Year 12 equivalent degree and with IELTS 5.5
- For Bachelor course, normally it requires applicants have completed a Year 12 or Diploma degree and with IELTS between 6.0 / 6.5.
- For Master course, normally it requires applicants have completed a bachelor degree and with IELTS between 6.0 / 6.5.
What courses you might study for your Computer Science degree in Australia?
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Topics in Security
- Machine Learning
Most universities in Australia, their computer science degrees are accredited by ACS (Australian Computer Society).
Expected salary as a Computer Science graduate in Australia
The medium base annual salary for graduate computer science will be $108.296
(Statistics from PayScale Australia)
- Vocational Level (VET)
- Queensland University of Technology College – Diploma of IT
- Griffith College – Diploma of IT
- UNSW Glob al – Diploma in Computer Science
- The University of Queensland – Bachelor of Computer Science
- The University of Western Australia – Bachelor of Advanced Computer Science (Honours)
- University of Sunshine Coast – Bachelor of Computer Science
- The University of New South Wales – Bachelor of Science – Computer Science
- The University of Adelaide - Bachelor of Computer Science (Advanced)
- Monash University – Bachelor of Computer Science
- La Trobe University – Bachelor of Computer Science
- Griffith University – Bachelor of Computer Science
- Flinders University – Bachelor of Computer Science
- Deakin University – Bachelor of Computer Science
- The University of Queensland – Master of Computer Science
- The University of Western Australia – Master of Research (Computer Science)
- The University of New South Wales – Master of Science – Computer Science
- The University of Melbourne – Master of Computer Science
- The University of Adelaide - Master of Computer Science
- Flinders University – Master of Computer Science
Interested in studying Computer Science in Australia? Contact SOL Edu today for free counselling, free application process!