- Why study Data Science in Australia?
- Career outcomes after graduation
- Course Options
- Entry Requirements
- What courses might you study for your Data Scientist degree in Australia?
- Professional Accreditation
- Expected salary in Data Science in Australia
- School Recommendations
- Interested in studying Chemical and Environmental Engineer in Australia?
Data is the new monetary unit. However, simply having access to it is meaningless if we can’t use it to draw actionable insights. We need skilled data scientists to comprehend and evaluate the data, produce and share significant insights, as well as use the data ethically and recognise its limitations.
Managing the influx of new data, which is increasingly being utilised to make choices, is a big and growing challenge for modern companies.
Data science recognises the growing relevance of data-driven discovery in science and technology as computational and simulation science, which will prepare you to work at the cutting edge of this sector.
Why study Data Science in Australia?
Courses in Australia are structured to help you make a successful transition into your chosen career. Australian education institutions focus on supporting you in your professional and personal growth so you have the appropriate skills and experiences when you graduate.
- Background needed
- If you are a high school graduate, you can start with a Bachelor’s degree in a Data Science program
- If you have already completed a Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics or Computer, you can still apply for a Master of Data Science. Contact us to receive more information about this option.
- Multiple start dates
Australian universities will normally have 2 or 3 intakes each year, which makes it more flexible for international students to commence their program based on their individual situation. Multiple start dates also mean more flexibility with the different units and payments.
- Stay longer in Australia
By studying Data Science for 2 years or more in higher education (a Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree), students will be eligible for a 2-4-year Postgraduate Visa (485). For Data Science students, they can also use this working visa to prepare for their future migration options.
Career outcomes after graduation
- Analytics Consultant
- Analytics Manager
- Analytics Programmer
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Specialist
- Business Strategist
- Data Analyst
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Strategist
- Data Systems Developer
- Data-Driven Decision Maker
- Energy Auditor
- Information Analyst
- Logistics Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Market Analyst
- Performance Analyst
- Predictive Modeller
- Quantitative Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Programmer
- Bachelor of Data Science
- Graduate Certificate of Data Science
- Graduate Diploma of Data Science
- Master of Data Science
- For a Bachelor’s course, normally applicants are required to have completed Year 12 or a Diploma and attained IELTS between 6.0 / 6.5.
- For a Master’s course, normally applicants are required to have completed a Bachelor’s degree and attained IELTS between 6.0 / 6.5.
What courses might you study for your Data Scientist degree in Australia?
- Bachelor of Data Science
- Bachelor of Applied Data Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/ Bachelor of Data Science
- Master of Data Science and Innovation
- Master of Information Technology (Information System and Data Science)
For most universities in Australia, their Data Science degrees are accredited by the ACS (Australian Computer Society).
Expected salary in Data Science in Australia
The medium base annual salary for a graduate in Data Science is between AU$53,000 and AU$105,000.
(Statistics from PayScale Australia)
Monash University – Bachelor of Data Science
Queensland University of Technology QUT – Bachelor of Data Science
University of Wollongong – Bachelor of Data Science and Analytics
University of New South Wales – Bachelor of Data Science and Decisions
University of South Australia – Bachelor of Mathematics (Data Science)
Graduate Diploma Level
University of South Australia – Graduate Diploma in Data Science
Flinders University – Graduate Diploma in Data Science
University of Adelaide – Graduate Diploma in Data Science
University of New South Wales – Graduate Diploma in Data Science
La Trobe University – Graduate Diploma in Data Science
Flinders University – Master of Data Science
Federation University – Master of Data Science
University of Adelaide – Master of Data Science
University of Queensland – Master of Data Science
Queensland University of Technology – Master of IT Data Science
University of Western Australia – Master of Data Science
University of South Australia – Master of Data Science
Monash University – Master of Data Science
University of Canberra – Master of Data Science
Swinburne University of Technology – Master of Data Science
University of Southern Queensland – Master of Data Science (MADS)
James Cook University – Master of Data Science (Professional)
The University of New South Wales – Master of Data Science and Decisions
Interested in studying Data Science in Australia?
Contact SOL Edu today for free counselling, and a free application process!